Also: Turns out, the Fortunate Son may have a “Scott Pruitt problem” – benefitting from rents and investments for which his family may have paid virtually nothing.
Gavin Newsom earned $4 million last year, according to his tax returns.
But exactly how he earned it, and who really paid for it, has remained a mystery.
New details about Gavin Newsom’s so-called “businesses” are coming to light which reveal an intricate web of Getty-funded properties and businesses which line the candidate’s current pocket.
In a public records search in Napa County, at least 16 property deeds co-mingle the names Gordon Getty, Gavin Christopher Newsom, Hilary Newsom (Gavin’s sister) and William Newsom (Gavin’s father) – so much so, that it’s difficult to decipher where the Getty family ends and Gavin’s family begins.
According to the Napa County property records:
- Gavin Newsom is listed on the Deed to Carneros Cottages LLC – but it is unclear if he ever paid anything for the property, or if it was simply deeded to him by the Getty’s billion-dollar oil fortune;
- Newsom is also listed as a “Trustee” on the Deed of at least one property belonging to his father, William Newsom, who managed the J. Paul Getty oil fortune for years;
- Newsom’s immediate family members both Hilary Newsom and William Newsom are listed as “Trustees” on the Deeds of properties belonging to Gordon Getty, in addition to the being the beneficiaries of “Rents” (nightly profits from the hotel properties).
Fortunate Son Newsom also tied to a Nevada corporation titled “Newsom Investments, Ltd.”
One of the companies that the public knows very little about is a Nevada corporation titled, “Newsom Investments, Ltd.”
According to public records here, Carneros Cottages LLC (properties tied to Getty and Gavin) are associated with:
- Carneros Lodge, LLC, a California limited liability company;
- which is managed by Carneros Holdings, LLC, a California limited liability company;
- which is managed by The Ronald Family Trust, a family trust created under Nevada law;
- which is managed by Newsom Investments, Ltd., a Nevada corporation.
The intricate layers of companies, Family Trusts, and out-of-state corporations appears to be an elaborate scheme set up to either manage the companies through different entities for an unknown reason, or perhaps to insulate Gavin Newsom from scrutiny.
At least one “Trustee” of the Nevada corporation “Newsom Investments, Ltd.” is Gavin Newsom’s father, William, who managed the fortunate of J. Paul Getty for years. It is unknown if his son, Gavin, is involved in the Nevada corporation.
Lastly, the reason why the Nevada corporation was set up in not yet known. It could have been to circumvent high state taxes in the state of California.
Perhaps some enterprising reporters would be willing to ask Gavin these questions…
One thing is clear: with $4 million in annual income, Gavin Newsom fares quite well on his “public servant” salary. He is indeed one Fortunate Son.